Senior Software Engineer, Data Products
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Good decision-making is only possible when you have trustworthy and reliable data, along with the right tools and systems to process, analyze, and consume that data. The Data Products Engineering team is tasked with writing and maintaining a suite of self-service data productivity and discovery applications and services integral to Square’s internal data ecosystem.
You are an experienced software engineer, ready to bring your skills towards building and designing (modern / next generation) data solutions. As an engineer on the Data Products Engineering team, you will:
- Write performant, clean, modern applications and services to improve productivity and customer experience.
- Be self-driven in identifying and documenting feature gaps, and lead design and implementation of solutions to them.
- Contribute and drive improvements to the monitoring, stability, and security of our existing services.
- Communicate technical designs in writing and in person to all kinds of audiences.
- Understand our partners' needs and assist turning their requests into scalable features.
- Mentor other engineers and help them grow; code reviews, guidance on best practices, leveraging your experience in the field.
- Working proficiency in the English language
- 5+ years of strong industry experience working in large full-stack web applications
- Experience developing front-end web applications in Ember, React, Vue or other frameworks
- Experience working with relational databases, such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Bonus: Experience with AWS or GCP platforms
- Bonus: Experience with container deployment platforms and tools, such as Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, and Terraform
- Bonus: Experience with (or desire to learn) querying cloud-based data warehouses (Snowflake, Redshift, etc.)
Technologies we use:
- Ruby on Rails, Python Flask
- SQL, Snowflake and MySQL
- Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform
- AWS, GCP
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.