Suspicious Activity Monitoring Lead
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: St. Louis, United States
You will manage an organized transaction monitoring program and reporting program to identify suspicious activity and file Suspicious Activity Reports for financial crimes on the Seller platform. As the Suspicious Activity Monitoring Lead you will manage the leads of teams of experts, track trends and essential risks, and use tools to assess and combat financial crimes risk on the Seller platform. You will design new measures for investigations, contribute to risk prevention and mitigation strategies, and identify tools to support your team's workflows. You will help create a program that shows compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in a dynamic financial services space and represent the teams in audit, examinations and oversight reporting of the program. You will report to the Seller Compliance Operations Lead
- Lead a team of managers responsible for supervising operations teams across transaction monitoring, investigations and program management, assess and lead your team through coaching, mentoring and constructive feedback
- Provide oversight and management of outsourced operations within your function
- Lead the design of the transaction monitoring, investigation and suspicious activity reporting systems and framework, ensuring we maintain the highest standards for regulatory requirements while maintaining efficiency
- Analyze trends and patterns in alerts, dispositions and metrics to develop risk mitigation and detection strategies
- Develop the team's policies, procedures and processes to ensure compliance with applicable internal, legal and regulatory standards
- Work with other Compliance leads to promote strategic planning on team growth, organizational structure, focus areas, and quarterly goals
- Work with other Compliance Team members to develop technical specifications for tool enhancements or new tool build
- Manage service level agreements and deadlines to meet KPIs, goals and internal benchmarks
- At least 5 years in AML and Financial Crimes roles
- At least 2 years of people management experience
- knowledge of AML regulations, risks and typologies
- Experience performing and running a sound operational program
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.