Product Designer, eCommerce (Store)
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
We are looking for a Product Designer to join the Square Ecommerce team and work on Square Online Store. You will think deeply and strategically, execute high-quality design work, and have the opportunity to create impact for millions of small businesses around the world.
This will include working on challenges a business owner might face while getting started, setting up, launching, and managing all aspects of selling online. Ecommerce is an essential part of Square's ecosystem, and you will drive the product's design and approach on features and services that empower small- and medium-sized businesses and the people behind them.
This is a remote friendly position.
***For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio and any relevant passwords***
We believe in generalists at Square, and our Product Designers take projects from napkin sketches to final visual specifications. Day-to-day responsibilities include: determining strategy and executing on it, balancing short and long-term goals and priorities, developing alignment with cross-functional partners, and presenting work in design critiques and leadership reviews. This is a cross-functional role where you will work with other designers, product managers, analysts and engineers.
- Create ideas and present them to your team to determine strategy and roadmaps
- Question and work with your leadership peers and bring conversations to next steps
- Mentor other designers, provide feedback, and find ways to improve their work
- Guide the vision for the product and achieve it through design explorations, documentation, and presentations to bring the team along
- Know when to bypass minor UX testing and lean on your expertise, but also when to propose initiatives to fill in the gaps
- Use existing design systems and standards and work to improve these systems and standards when necessary
- Determine your point of view of what success means for a given initiative
- Take on complicated projects and seek the information you need to move forward
- At least 5-7 years of relevant professional experience
- A portfolio that shows work you were directly responsible for with little guidance from leadership
- Experience as a primary contributor to multiple high impact projects
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.