Product designer, eCommerce (Activation)
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Los Angeles, United States
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
As a Product Designer at Square on eCommerce Activation, you will focus on activating online sellers by promoting the discovery of eCommerce features that improve the seller experience. Reporting to the design lead, you will guide strategy and own end-to-end designs for the Square Online Billing and Setup teams. This work will span core features and iterative improvements that allow merchants to quickly launch and grow their online business. This is a highly cross-functional role—you will work with other designers, product managers, engineers, analysts, and researchers.
- 5+ years of professional design experience
- A portfolio of work on which you were the primary designer, with moderate guidance from design leadership
- The ability to articulate high-level team goals and connect your work to larger team or company initiative
- You plan, scope, and create work that contributes to a larger, long-term plan
- You propose and participate in usability and field research
- You are a passionate advocate for the user and experience
- You effectively communicate ideas using design, documentation, and prototypes
- You take pride in the quality of your work and create professional, well-thought-out designs using established design systems
- You seek opportunities to improve your processes and skills
- You work on challenging, wide-reaching projects for your team
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.