Credit Risk Lending Operations Manager
- Scottsdale, AZ
We are looking for an experienced Credit Risk Lending Operations Lead to join our dynamic risk leadership team. You will oversee an operations team supporting International Lending, ongoing Small Business Administration lending programs, as well as serve as the relationship manager for our external operations. You will work with operations managers to build and track operational risk strategy. You will also work with Risk Analytics, Policy, Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Engineers to evaluate risk on lending decisions for a number of existing and future lending products. This role will report to a Credit Risk Lead and play an important leadership role in establishing processes and on-going management of this growing part of our business. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of credit risk, lending, and credit products as well as have demonstrated the ability to work in partnership with all levels of an organization (including vendors, card networks, and regulators).
- Own the oversight and management of the licensed lending activities performed by the subsidiary and each employee
- Lead a team of employees, including performance management. Coach and mentor team members with a focus on professional development and upstream thinking
- Build and maintain relationships with outsourcing partners, understanding roles and responsibilities and ensuring adherence to processes and Service level agreements
- Create operational metrics to monitor performance of systems and operations teams for use in management reporting
- Drive team performance against established service levels and guide timely resolution of queued customer inquiries to minimize potential revenue losses
- Scale the team by capitalizing on opportunities for increased effectiveness and efficiency, driving productivity initiatives
- Ensure the effectiveness of existing processes, and design and implement new processes, policies, and procedures to enable greater efficiency in the performance of the groups functions. Engage and leverage your team to influence and recommend changes to evolving servicing processes
- Effectively establish and ensure usage of internal escalation paths for case reviews that require additional due diligence including escalations that require collaboration with Compliance and Product Counsel
- Review and sign off on annual and maintenance reporting, and examinations including addressing any findings within deadlines and specifications set by state regulators.
- Collaborate with regulatory counsel to assist state examiners/regulators with office visits and examination requests
- 7+ years of work experience in the Commercial Lending or Fintech with 1+ years of direct people management experience
- Experience in consumer lending, loan onboarding, servicing, recovery, consumer finance and/or mortgage lending
- Knowledge of compliance and risk management for commercial and consumer lending environments, including operations workflows.
- Experience in direct customer-facing roles
- The ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally
- Strong written communication and attention to detail
- Experience in highly regulated industries
- A passion for Square and ensuring an outstanding customer experience
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.