Business Intelligence Analyst - Risk
- Toronto, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
As part of Risk Machine learning and Decision science team at Square, You will use analytical and project management skills to drive Risk efficiency and effectiveness throughout Square. You will work hand in hand with Square's product teams and partner closely with many organizations across the business -- e.g., machine learning, data science, engineering, finance, operations, sales, and more.
You will also manage top level Risk metrics, maintain and develop the data pipeline and ETL, establish core operational metrics, and drive process improvements through analysis. The analyst is also responsible for building and coordinating executive presentation materials for Square's leadership team.
- Diagnose problems and develop compelling, data-driven recommendations
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams to design solutions to operations problems, influence product roadmaps, and solution new products/processes
- Manage the development, reporting, and visualization of metrics for the entire Risk organization
- Maintain, develop and manage various data pipelines and ETLs
- Improve risk solutions through third party evaluation and integration with a focus on improving the seller experience
- Design and develop executive presentations for Square's leadership and board members
- A BS/BA in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Management Science, Computer Science, or a related technical field, OR BS/BA in Criminal Justice, Economics, Business, or a related business field
- 4 or more years of relevant experience (or masters and 2+ years)
- Proficient in SQL
- Intermediate knowledge on Python (Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib etc.)
- Experience with designing and creating data visualizations (e.g. Looker)
- The ability to answer unstructured questions and bring projects to conclusion
- A strong passion for Square's mission
- [Bonus] Experience and interest in risk, trust & safety, payments, or spam prevention
- [Bonus] Experience with scripting and data analysis programming languages (e.g. Python, R, etc)
- [Bonus] Experience using statistics and machine learning
- [Bonus] Consulting / project management experience
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.