Finance & Strategy Senior Analyst International (Tokyo, Japan)
- Tokyo, Japan
- Employees can work remotely
The Finance & Strategy team is responsible for improving strategic and financial decision-making across the company. We maintain our operating model, analyze deals and capital allocation decisions, and think a lot about strategy.
We are looking for a Senior Analyst to join our International Finance & Strategy Team and report into our Finance & Strategy Manager based in New York.
You will play an important part in Square's success in Japan by working directly with local business leads to understand the overall picture of the Japanese market.
Your day-to-day role will focus on forecasting the Japanese business, identifying market trends and preparing data-driven analyses to uncover opportunities, risks and inform strategic decisions.
- Act as a Finance Business Partner for our Japan team
- Support strategic decisions through analysis on cost negotiations, pricing design, merchant behavior analysis, investment cases for essential projects, LTV / Return on investment of marketing efforts, market/competitive landscape, and other data-driven analysis
- Support the financial planning process for key product and teams; including building financial/operational models and managing investment budgets for teams to ensure they have resource allocations to invest properly behind important projects
- Use our SQL databases to generate analysis that help to predict trends and identify future opportunities for growth
- Partner with departments (e.g. Accounting, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, Sales and Marketing, and others) to report on the financial impact of decisions across the company
- Prepare analysis and support communication to product leaders, board members and executive staff
- Work with the International Accounting team on transactional and financial close matters to ensure accuracy over financial statement reporting
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant industry experience
- Proficiency in financial modeling and Excel (there will be a case study)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to think and communicate creatively and thoughtfully
Fluency in Japanese
Experience with payments industry
Experience with SQL, data visualization tools (e.g. Looker) or Hyperion
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.