Product Marketing Manager, Square Payroll
- Austin, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Austin, United States
Square Payroll is automating one of the most complex administrative aspects of running a business: paying a team. We help business owners hire, retain and pay great talent so they can grow their business, and we provide financial control and stability to the hourly workers that need it most. Our customers love our product because it is well designed, easy to use, and gives them peace of mind that they're doing things correctly. Our team loves working on Payroll because we're a nimble, full-stack team with a lot of passion to build a remarkable Payroll product and business.
We are looking for strategic product marketer to drive and execute meaningful growth plans for Square Payroll by focusing on our vertical sellers (Restaurants, Retail, and Health & Beauty). As a Square Payroll PMM, you will help us define our vertical-specific positioning and partner with teams across Square to build our GTM strategy. You understand product strategy, market segmentation, and marketing execution. We are looking for someone who has experience across the full acquisition funnel and product lifecycle, and is an excellent collaborator. Reporting to the Growth Lead, the Square Payroll PMM will partner with multiple teams to ensure the right customers are getting the right messages, through the right channels at the right time.
- Develop and execute the marketing strategy to drive growth of Square Payroll amongst vertical sellers
- Collaborate with Product Management, Design and Engineering to define the product strategy and feature roadmap.
- Develop product positioning, value props and messaging for Square Payroll in various segments
- Understand our upmarket target customers, their needs/expectations, and how products will meet those needs through surveys, interviews, and feedback from Account Management, Sales, and Customer Success teams.
- Develop data-driven lifecycle marketing strategies to promote product growth and retention
- Track marketing program performance and improve through continuous testing
- Keep a pulse on competitors, helping our teams stay up to speed on the latest industry trends
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing, or marketing strategy
- Experience working with product management, engineering, analytics and design to scale products
- Experience in growth and lifecycle marketing via email, in-product, content marketing, and other owned channels
- Ability to execute go-to-market plans to guide product awareness and usage amongst priority audiences
- Ample experience working with partners (marketing design, copywriting and web)
- Familiarity with marketing automation, A/B testing and analytics tools
- Strong quantitative analytical ability and excellent written and oral communication skills
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.