Financial Crimes Quality Control Lead, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
We are looking for a Quality Control (QC) Lead to join Square and support the continued growth of Cash App's Financial Crimes program. Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the under-banked by designing and implementing an outstanding financial crimes program to help evolve the Cash App business while protecting the broader financial ecosystem and mitigating risk for the company.
You will lead a team of QC Analysts that support the Cash App Financial Crimes program by developing a quality control program that monitors operational execution, identifies areas for improvement, and produces accurate reporting of QC program results.
- Lead a team in the development of a quality control (QC) program that reviews the work performed by Financial Crimes operational teams to help identify potential gaps, inefficiencies and training opportunities
- Accurately document and maintain QC testing results, reports, correspondence and, as applicable, remedial efforts
- Collect and interpret complex data sets, analyze results, and report the results back to Financial Crimes leadership and other team members
- Partner with Financial Crimes Leadership on QC findings, and provide recommendations to improve accuracy, completeness and timeliness of processes based on regulatory guidance and industry best practices
- Develop and maintain QC review processes, forms and procedures.
- Lead QC related meetings, training sessions and the development of training materials
- Work in collaboration with Compliance, Support, Risk, and other stakeholders within Square
- Stay up-to-date with regulatory updates and new requirements, and understand overall impact to daily work
- Achieve productivity by managing team workload volume, staffing, training, and implementing performance standards for QC reviews.
- 5+ years of experience developing or leading regulatory compliance QC programs at financial institutions
- Familiarity with relevant AML laws and regulations and industry best practices
- Knowledge of reporting tools, data query and analysis, or programming
- Experience presenting to senior leadership
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics or equivalent practical experience
- Working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- 5+ years experience in BSA/AML or Fraud related work
- Experience working in the payments industry
- Relevant industry certification(s) (CAMS, CFE, CFCS, CRCM)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.