Engineering Manager - Global Supply Chain Network
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
Cash App’s Financial Platform engineering org is building the core set of primitives that provide access to the underlying infrastructure that powers finance around the world. One of the fundamental functions we provide is physical card fulfillment at scale.
Physical card issuance is core to any card program. Taking millions of orders, routing them throughout the fulfillment network and then managing them as they go via our delivery partners to be delivered to our customer’s doors as soon as possible is no small feat.
We strive to think outside the box and bring true innovation to the table so we can not only be the quickest but the largest card fulfillment network ever.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to work alongside and lead an established team of engineers. If the description of a Team Lead EM resonates with you, we’d love to hear from you.
- Partner closely with business operations, engineers, and data scientists to define your team’s vision and roadmap by thoroughly understanding your customers’ needs.
- Be driven by SLOs, prioritize multiple streams of work from disparate customers.
- Build a world-class team by hiring exceptional talent, coaching and developing engineers, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar.
- Lead and participate in critical technical, strategic and operational discussions with leaders across the organization, company and external partners.
- Foster ownership, inclusiveness, accountability, pragmatism, and urgency in the team.
We value Engineering Managers who:
- Lead with a people-first approach, can lead a conversation rather than dictate it, and are empathetic to conflicting viewpoints.
- Have 1+ years experience in leading teams of engineers, in both a technical and people management capacity, and ideally remote and distributed teams.
- Are able to build strong relationships with counterparts, both internally and externally, including business operations, risk operations and customer support.
- Excel at building world class engineering teams that are highly-functional, collaborative and inclusive.
- Have boundless curiosity, are driven by what they don’t know and thrive in ambiguous environments.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Jaeger, Prometheus, SignalFx
- Hibernate, Guice, Arrow
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.