UX Designer - Enterprise Engineering
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Square believes in the importance of well thought design and it's built into the core strategy for our external products. We want to extend that same design intention and elegance to our internal employee experience.
The Enterprise Engineering team provides innovative, high-quality engineering solutions to solve unique challenges for our internal teams. We want to make a powerful impression on the digital experiences that someone has from the very first time they interact with Square and through their life as an employee at Square.
We are looking for a dynamic and to join as a UX Designer who will work with a team of experienced product managers and engineers to bring experiences. We prefer that you be at ease creating scenarios, sketches, storyboards, wire-frames, and prototypes. You will be able to visualize an experience in the abstract, break down complex use-cases and then be able to drive the vision into solid design deliverables.
- Please submit a link to your portfolio for review***
- Translate abstract concepts into simple and elegant user interfaces
- Partner and collaborate with other designers to define an internal design system.
- Manage ambiguity and work collaboratively within a team
- Switch rapidly between different projects in an agile environment
- Develop intuitive, and effective user experiences, interfaces and interactions.
- 4 years of relevant experience
- Experience working in variety of design and prototyping tools such as Figma
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with product managers and developers from concept to implementation
- Familiarity with technical aspects of UX across mobile, web, and devices
- Expertise in developing information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, and visual design
- The ability to communicate interactions rapidly at varying levels of resolution
- Experience in a highly agile/scrum environment
- Excellent collaboration skills
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.