Digital ASIC Design Engineer
- Remote, CA
- Employees can work remotely
You will be part of the custom silicon team in Square that develops bitcoin mining ASIC.
In this role you will work closely with other digital designers and mixed signal designers to develop the next generation of mining ASIC. In addition to RTL design, you will participate in Synthesis, Place & Route, Timing closure, CDC, LINT, and DFT.
- Independently lead the design of a digital macro
- Create implementation specification document
- Design and integrate RTL and/or algorithms and functions
- assist the verification team in determining coverage and provide design assertions and waivers as needed
- create timing constraints
- participate in synthesis log reviews, constraint reviews, timing report analysis,
- layout and backend reviews
- help silicon validation of the ASIC and its prototype
- BSEE degree or Applied Science degree (or higher) with 10+ years of related experience
- Good understanding of the full design cycle from RTL to GDSII, including chip level.
- Experience with CDC, STA, LINT, DFT, IP, and Physical design flow (preferably Cadence flow)
- Experience with advanced FinFET nodes, TSMC 14n or below, including low-power design techniques
- A solid engineering understanding of the underlying concepts of digital design and architecture, implementation flows and physical and timing signoff
- Development of timing constraints and design architectures to ensure on-time delivery, and to meet or exceed power and area targets
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.