Mixed Signal Designer
- Remote, CA
- Employees can work remotely
You will be part of the custom silicon team in Square that develops bitcoin mining ASIC.
- Understand block level specifications and translate them into circuit-level specifications.
- Design and simulation of mixed-signal blocks on the leading-edge technology node
- Assist physical layout design of all essential circuits and have a thorough understanding of all layout requirements.
- Present and participate in regular design reviews.
- Prepare and maintain project documentation including general specification, circuit description, and evaluation plan
- Analyze hardware product requirements and translate into silicon specifications.
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of design experience in transistor-level and system level mixed signal design
- Bitcoin related experience is a plus
- FinFet design experience on 10nm or below
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills are necessary .
- Experience in design with Cadence Spectre, SpectreRF, AMS and Virtuoso.
- Strong knowledge of Verilog-A & Matlab for system modeling and verification.
- Understanding of digital ASIC design and design flow is an asset.
- Experience with high volume IC manufacturing is a plus
- Broad expertise in ASIC design, such as PLL, memory, IP integration
- Experience as technical lead, driving all aspects of ASIC projects including: IC design, digital design, embedded FW, verification, and silicon validation.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.