Head of Financial Crimes, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
It all started with an idea at Square in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to our millions of monthly active users. We want to make the world’s relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
Our mission is to help build compliant and empowering products, assess and manage regulatory risk, and drive the evolution of compliance practices. We are looking for a Head of Global Financial Crimes for Cash App to join Square and continue to build, enhance, and grow our program and global team, reporting directly to the Chief Compliance Officer for Cash App.
In this executive leadership role, you will be responsible for driving the overall financial crimes program, which includes designing, implementing and executing on an outstanding program to help grow the Cash App business while protecting the broader financial ecosystem and the company. Owning the Financial Crimes program and operations, you will oversee the detection, monitoring, and reporting for all financial crimes operations and also manage a strategic projects, program management, and emerging risks team for your group. You will demonstrate excellent regulatory understanding, a comprehensive grasp of the industry, keen eye process and systems design, data-driven approaches, and executive communication and presentation.
- Drive the overall strategy for a global financial crimes team operating across dispersed US and International locations, and supporting all Cash App products and services
- In concert with the rest of Cash App Compliance executive leadership you will help develop and manage our strategy, budget, resourcing, and prioritization for your org and the broader team
- Lead a group of senior managers responsible for supervising operations teams across transaction monitoring, investigations and program management
- Provide oversight and management of outsourced operations within your function
- Lead the design of the transaction monitoring, investigation and suspicious activity reporting systems and framework making sure we maintain the highest standards for regulatory requirements while maintaining efficiency
- Analyze trends and patterns in alerts, dispositions, together with other Compliance functions, including Analytics, Machine Learning teams, and your Program Management team, to develop risk mitigation and detection
- Work with our technical teams to understand and design analytical methodologies and potential monitoring scenarios for risk mitigation
- Develop and maintain the team’s policies, procedures and processes to ensure compliance with applicable internal, legal and regulatory standards
- Work with leadership to challenge status quo to improve and grow the business
- Manage SLAs and deadlines to develop and meet KPIs, KRIs, goals and internal benchmarks using metrics and data to underlie assessments and decision-making
- Minimum 10 years of experience in AML and financial crimes roles
- Minimum 5 years in people management
- Experience with blockchain and/or virtual currency, latest financial technology, and traditional financial services environments
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.