Senior UX Researcher, Seller Experience
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Seller Experience is the team that is considered the glue of our product ecosystem. It is the team that thinks outside of individual products and focuses on the entire experience a seller has when they are evaluating, signing up for, and using Square. Seller Experience owns many of the shared surface areas and platforms that all of Square's products feed into. This includes our public website (squareup.com), sign up flows, the Square Dashboard where merchants manage their business, our help and support channels and our product design systems and best practices.
Square's Seller Experience team is looking for a Senior UX Researcher to help guide and inspire our teams by uncovering meaningful human-centered insights to guide great product design. We know we can't build remarkable products without first understanding how our customers will use them in the real world, and that's where you come in. You will help connect Square with the sellers and buyers we serve—learning from their unique context, stories, and needs to ensure our products are relevant, useful, and delightful.
- Work with team members to identify research needs from small to large programs, and help the team frame research goals and ask the right questions.
- Lead the design and implementation of research projects.
- Employ research methods to obtain insights about our users' behaviors and attitudes, and develop recommendations in collaboration with product and design teams.
- Provide guidance and training on research tools and techniques to facilitate self-serve UX research.
- Advocate the customer perspective across the Sell Experience team and across Square.
- Help our team identify opportunities to better serve our sellers, inspire product strategy, and encourage design iteration.
- 8+ years of experience conducting UX research in a professional environment.
- Experience designing and leading generative and evaluative research using a range of techniques (e.g. remote and in-person interviews, usability testing, concept testing, workshops, journey mapping, surveys)
- Focus on improving the product and user experience in an iterative and collaborative environment.
- Advocate the customer perspective within the Seller Experience team and across Square.
- A willingness to get hands-on and personally recruit participants.
- A collaborative mindset, with experience working across teams and forging partnerships.
- A passion to build user-focused products that solve important problems.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.