Manufacturing Test Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
The Manufacturing Test Engineering team at Square is responsible for making sure that the millions of hardware devices leaving our factories are built according to design and meet (or exceed) customer expectations. We're a diverse group of engineers that use our unique backgrounds to solve challenging problems in our factories. We dabble in electrical engineering, software, mechanicals and data analysis to understand the design intent of our products and understand how we can translate it to scalable test plans. We are Jacks and Jills of all trades, and we thrive on having a deep systems-level understanding of Square's hardware products.
- Become intimately familiar with Square's hardware products and manufacturing processes.
- Research technologies for our next-generation hardware products.
- Develop test plans and test-setup prototypes for new technologies.
- Work with Square's Electrical Engineering group to understand electrical test points and ensure our products' circuits are designed for testability.
- Work with Square's Devices Software Engineering group to understand embedded test access and APIs.
- Write and debug test station software.
- Understand the meaning of the measurements our test stations are taking, and feed analysis of these measurements back to our hardware design teams.
- Reach beyond the boundaries of Manufacturing Test to make Square's products better wherever you see the chance.
- Experienced working in a technical field for 2+ years.
- Experienced in reading and understanding electronics circuit diagrams and schematics
- Knowledgeable in circuit design at the "maker" level or beyond (e.g. projects like LED controllers, home automation, weather stations, etc.)
- Excited to work on hands-on projects and to make things work in EE, software, and/or ME realms.
- Conversant in Python, MATLAB, Labview, or similar programming language
- Experienced with hardware lab equipment for test, measurement (e.g. oscilloscope, power supply, DMM, etc.), and/or prototyping (Raspberry Pi, Arduino, 3D printing, powertools, etc.)
- Enthusiastic to apply engineering problem-solving skills to dig into challenges that are outside of your expertise.
- Collaborative: have the ability to work as a team, ask questions, and share information to solve problems.
- Flexible: have the desire to help partner teams when boundaries may be ambiguous
- Able to articulate technical information to audiences that include members of various levels of technical expertise.
- Able and willing to travel internationally 15% when that becomes available (post COVID-19)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.