Global Head of Risk Product Management
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Risk Product Management team is part of Square's Risk team that manages fraud risk, credit risk, chargeback risk and is responsible for building seller facing products that helps sellers manage their own risk. As the Global Head of Risk Product Management you will be on Square's Risk Leadership team that oversees ~300 people. You will lead a team of Product Management leads, Product management ICs, Technical Program Management ICs in building capabilities that ensure safe, responsible, and value-accretive growth for Square and our sellers. You will ship solutions that improve the lives of Square's sellers/customers and the agents that serve them every day.
We're looking for an inquisitive, principles first, metrics-driven, empathetic leader who challenges assumptions, dives in the data, double checks results and can deal with ambiguity and influence across the spectrum to chart a path forward. The focus of this role is organizational and company leadership, with a deep connection to the work to inspire and motivate Risk as an organization. This role also calls for active collaboration and partnerships with General Managers, Marketing, Sales, Account Management, AI/Machine Learning, and more.
In this role, you will :
- Own, monitor and improve business metrics including ecosystem wide loss rate and profitability, product level loss rates and risk experience metrics to ensure success of Square.
- Influence senior management (including C-level suite and Board of Directors) regarding matters of significance for Risk and help align investment direction.
- Continue to grow a team of Risk Product Management leads that can help scale to manage the growth of Square. You will oversee all activities that ensure alignment with Risk and business-wide vision and strategies. You will mentor and coach leads within the organization and across Square to be effective people managers.
- Drive planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities and recommending and implementing critical changes (including organizational structures) for the growth of Square and Risk as a team.
- Drive and influence essential decisions with diverse teams (i.e. technical, strategy, marketing, process & frameworks, etc.) typically with impact outside of direct scope, affecting many teams across many organizations and driving strategic priorities for the company.
- Conceive and drive success of large product initiatives that require alignment from many teams, work across organizations to ensure risk strategies are aligned. You will also initiate product and/or platform features or strategic shifts which have cross organizational impacts and allow Square to improve risk loss while improving seller and customer experience.
- Represent Risk across other Product Management teams within Square, and collaborate with AI/Machine Learning, Policy, Operations, UX/Design, Engineering and other organizations across Risk and Square.
- Be the spokesperson for Risk and serve as a trusted advisor and member of the Risk leadership team in the creation and deployment of useful insights that inform and activate strategies across the business.
- You are an empathetic leader who earns trust. At the same time you are dedicated to the pursuit of the opportunity to improve yourself, your team members and your partners.
- You are a high judgement leader who has demonstrated the ability to make a lot of right decisions.
- You are a strategic thinker who can influence the strategy and investment of Risk and Square. You have the ability to build narratives that define reality, give hope and inspire confidence (across levels) that have helped shape the investment portfolio of an organization.
- You thrive in driving and managing change that makes the ecosystem better. You are not afraid of making difficult decisions that are for the long term good but may have perceived short-term negative consequences
- Experience leading organizations that work across product, design, engineering, Program management to prioritize, scope, design. Experience building and leading a high-performing organization.
- 15+ years of product management experience or equivalent; prior experience with Risk management is desirable.
- You can hire and retain the best talent in the industry and be an inspirational leader at Square.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.