Bitcoin Transaction Monitoring Analyst, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
We are looking for a Bitcoin Transaction Monitoring Analyst to join Square and support our Cash App Compliance Transaction Monitoring team. The mission of the CashApp Compliance Transaction Monitoring team is to perform ongoing Anti-Money Laundering (AML) transaction monitoring to ensure compliance with our regulatory, payment network, and partnership requirements.
You will support the Cash App Compliance Transaction Monitoring team by reviewing a high volume of transaction activity across the Cash App platform. You will report to the Bitcoin Transaction Monitoring Lead to ensure the completion of a high volume of daily alert reviews.
- Monitor and act upon Cash App compliance-related Bitcoin queue alerts, including reviewing possible suspicious activity and activity that violates Cash App's rules.
- Use detective-like mentality to investigate and escalate potentially suspicious activity across all AML typologies across the Cash App platform.
- Verify customer and counter party information and conduct reviews for AML/BSA purposes.
- Periodically perform above-the-line and below-the-line sampling to enhance the effectiveness of our Bitcoin transaction monitoring queues
- Occasionally attend compliance-related seminars to stay up to date with the compliance industry
- 2+ years experience reviewing high volume of unusual Bitcoin or other virtual currency activity relating to payments and peer-to-peer transmissions from a BSA/AML compliance perspective
- 2+ experience in transaction monitoring/compliance/AML with a financial institution or fintech company
- Knowledge and familiarity with Chainalysis & Elliptic
- Deep understanding and comprehension of Bitcoin and/or other virtual currencies, and blockchain analysis
- Knowledge of BSA/AML regulations, risks, and typologies
- Passion for Cash App/Square, and a strong interest in Bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
- Relevant industry certifications (CAMS, CFE, CFCS, CRCM)
- Experience with SQL and/or Snowflake
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.