Manager, Account Management
- Toronto, Canada
The Account Management team works with the largest Square merchants to grow their business using Square's powerful ecosystem of products. This team of account managers partners with product and marketing to understand the needs of our merchants and map those needs to Square solutions.
We are looking for a Manager for our Core Accounts Account Management team with experience building and motivating revenue-generating teams. You will help develop processes, tools, systems, and metrics to grow the team and influence program design for the future. You will manage targeted enablement, ongoing coaching, and training for account management. Your team will be focused on selling and supporting U.S.-based sellers.
You will also:
- Directly manage a team of 8-10 account managers
- Develop creative ways to motivate your team to exceed personal and team targets (revenue outputs, inputs, customer satisfaction)
- Engage with product teams as the "voice of the customer," to promote product improvements
- Work with the Core Accounts leadership and Core Accounts Program Manager to set individual account manager goals, team OKRs, and refine processes and engagement model to improve results
- Manage performance reviews, promotions and career development conversations with your team.
- 4+ years of experience in a sales role
- 1+ years of people management experience in a high volume, transactional environment
- Experience in a fast-paced technology company
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, organizational, and communication skills (verbal and written)
- A proactive and positive personality: we're looking for someone determined and able to achieve success
- Passion for developing people
- Ability to make data-driven decisions
- Bachelor's degree.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.