Product Manager, Team Management
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We have an incredible team that is on a mission to make commerce easy for all types of businesses. Square Team Management is a comprehensive set of tools to help merchants manage a team of employees. As a Product Manager, you will drive impact for the many merchants using Team Management as an integral part of running their business.
You will work with an excellent team of designers, engineers, data scientists, and marketers to determine the Team Management product strategy, execute impactful projects, and optimize our customers' journeys through all stages of the funnel and across numerous geographies and product surfaces. Our approach is both customer-focused and data-driven, so you will need to deeply understand our customers and their needs, define and analyze experiments, and guide the team to move fast and ship solutions.
Specifically, you will lead the Labor Management area of the product, which helps sellers manage all aspects of scheduling employees, tracking employees' time and attendance, and calculating labor costs and employee pay. Your charter will include giving employers the tools they need to be successful and creating a remarkable, empowering experience for employees.
This role is a unique mix of product, business, strategy, and execution, all in the name of helping our sellers grow. You will identify and prioritize various growth levers, including a) development of new features; b) international expansion; c) mobile app optimization; and d) experimentation to drive acquisition/attachment/retention. You should push boundaries, trying anything and everything that helps drive long-term success for Team Management and the businesses we serve.
- Help shape and drive the strategy and direction for Team Management
- Define key objectives and ensure success is measurable and can be improved upon
- Hypothesize, build, measure and learn. Leverage insights to inform product direction
- Interview and deeply understand the jobs-to-be-done of our sellers
- Prioritize a roadmap by balancing and championing stakeholder needs
- Work with executive leadership and cross-product teams to grow our active seller base
- Influence key stakeholders at Square to align resources and prioritization
- Manage the entire product life cycle from ideation, to planning, execution and launch
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- Previous experience in product management on multiple platforms (e.g. iOS, Android, mobile web).
- Experience shipping and iterating on successful products with cross-functional teams
- The ability to influence key stakeholders to align resources and prioritization.
- Strong customer empathy to shape product direction and execution based on their needs.
- Comfort with analytics to define, retrieve, and visualize data to run experiments and use quantitative intuition to make product decisions
- Ability to absorb technical concepts quickly and work across different outside teams who support Invoices through platform development.
- SaaS experience and optimization of SaaS business models (including freemium).
- A desire to work on an international product.
Experience at a growth stage company, either building your own company or contributing to a startup during a hyper-growth phase.
Experience with international product development and scaling globally.
Domain experience with workforce management, employee scheduling, or employee financial services
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.