Software Developer, E-commerce (Front-end | Full-stack)
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
As Square’s business continues to expand into the online space, these teams will help build all aspects of Square’s E-commerce (ECOM) offering. We are looking for talented and passionate software engineers to join our Toronto office.
The Toronto office houses a number of teams at Square. As Square’s business continues to expand, these teams will help build all aspects of Square’s offerings. We are looking for talented and passionate software engineers to join our Toronto office. You will:
- Build elegant user-facing web experiences that combine intuitive interfaces with smooth performance at scale to allow sellers to succeed online, including managing their online item catalog, accepting orders, fulfilling those orders, and everything in between
- Work closely with other Store teams on cross functional initiatives to provide complex and advanced Online Store functionality. From international support to robust customer accounts, you will work on the advanced features that help sellers grow and succeed
- Achieve the levels of reliability and correctness that merchants and buyers expect when they entrust Square with their financial and business information
- 4+ years of full-stack development experience and an excellent command of engineering fundamentals
- Motivation to build beautiful, refined and intuitive products
- Innate curiosity, and a desire to learn and teach
- Empathy for your customers and colleagues
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
- Experience working in PHP, Java, preferably with some full-stack experience
Technologies we use and teach:
- PHP (Vanilla and Laravel), Go
- MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Memcached
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.