University Technical Recruiter
- Oakland, CA
As a University Technical Recruiter, you will take our talent to the next level. This role is a unique opportunity to impact our early career talent recruitment strategy by understanding the current hiring needs of Square, and implementing efforts to identify top talent to fill these needs. Additionally, you will bring students and early career candidates through the hiring process, helping to create a seamless and positive candidate experience. You will present our company, culture, roles, and technology to a diverse audience of university students, bootcamp graduates, and early career talent.
- Source and recruit early career candidates for engineering, hardware, design, and business internships and New Grad positions
- Manage the full-cycle recruiting process, from sourcing through offer extension and on-boarding
- Evaluate candidate qualifications and make thoughtful, data-driven hiring decisions; serve as point person for recruiting metrics and data
- Build strong relationships & communicate with candidates, hiring managers, university partners, and diversity organizations
- Help design and further develop programs for interns and early career hires, implementing creative solutions and new ideas around on-boarding, programs and events
- 4+ years relevant experience in full-cycle recruiting, preferably University technical recruiting or equivalent
- Demonstrated skills in sourcing, selling, interviewing, and closing candidates
- Strong project management skills and ability to work with multiple teams, influence decisions, and implement data-driven solutions
- Demonstrated creativity to think out of the box and adapt to changing needs
- Experience working with underrepresented talent and diverse communities
- Effective public speaking and motivational skills to build support and sponsorship of programs and collaboration among team members
- Ability to travel, if needed
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.