Creative Marketing Copywriter
- Detroit, MI, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We are looking for a Copywriter to join our Commerce Platform creative team, supporting the larger Square ecosystem. This is a hands-on creative role with tremendous opportunity to impact how we market to this fast-growing Commerce audience. You will sit within our creative marketing team and work on a variety of projects, including digital ads, social media, performance marketing, landing pages, email, and integrated campaigns — all related to our Commerce solutions.
- Write impactful copy that drives action and performance across channels including public web, owned, integrated campaigns, and performance marketing
- Distill the benefits of products and features into jargon-free terms
- Collaborate cross-functionally with designers, writers, producers, product managers, and marketers to develop creative work to support their go-to-market plans
- Contribute to overall team vision, roadmaps, ideation, and creative strategy
- Support work on a variety of mediums including web, email, video, digital, print, direct mail, retail, and events
- Adapt our voice and tone to the Square audience throughout all the work you do
- 5+ years of experience in a creative writing/content/copywriter role at an agency or in-house brand
- Excellent grammar, writing, proofreading, and editorial skills — include your portfolio so we can see what you've accomplished!
- Experience explaining complicated technical subject matter in plain (and creative) English
- Experience writing compelling copy across multiple deliverables
- Background working on projects with a range of budgets/audience size
- Experience shifting writing styles and tone for different channels
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.