Product Marketing Manager, Appointments
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Los Angeles, United States
Square Appointments helps businesses in the services industry succeed by building everything they need to run their business: scheduling and online booking, a point of sale that tracks customer details, and a secure, fast payments system.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will work with fantastic product managers and creative teams to achieve the team's marketing goals and drive growth for the business. You will have a strong emphasis on outbound marketing, including the creation, execution, and optimization of go-to-market (GTM) and awareness campaigns across owned, earned, and paid channels. Your success means you can efficiently design, launch and analyze marketing campaigns and increase engagement and awareness of Square Appointments.
- Lead the end-to-end ideation, execution, and analysis of product launches and awareness campaigns to improve adoption and growth for Square Appointments
- Be the in-house product expert and voice of the customer for cross-functional teams
- Define product positioning and messaging for product development and marketing campaigns
- Drive marketing strategies that increase sign-ups, product awareness, and customer satisfaction, targeting both prospects and existing Square sellers
- Partner with product, growth marketing, engineering, user research, and data science to understand product performance and customer needs to inform go-to-market plans
- Champion Square Appointments with content marketing, comms/PR, event marketing, and brand to drive maximize market awareness, ensure all customer-facing teams are on-message, and maximize marketing channels
- Own sales enablement to provide sales and account managers with the right materials to sell
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years in product marketing or similar go-to-market experience
- Previous background in SaaS marketing with experience in either consumer apps / technologies, early stage startups, or with exposure to small business audiences
- Strong quantitative analytical ability (SQL experience a plus)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.