Acceptance Strategy & Optimization Lead, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
The Cash App team is focused on building financial service products for individuals; making it easier to send and receive money, powering purchases using Cash Card or Cash App Pay, offering discounts through Boost, and buying/selling Bitcoin and stocks. Cash App has experienced tremendous user growth, and with growth comes opportunities and challenges. The Operations Team works with external partners and across multiple internal teams to manage scalable platforms and processes for a fast-growing mobile payment app.
We are looking for someone to lead Payment Acceptance Strategy & Operations, where you will develop & maintain relationships with internal & external partners in order to drive efforts to optimize Cash App acceptance across multiple products & geographies. You will also work to ensure the timely identification and restoration of acceptance issues impacting our customers and top merchants. You will report to our Banking Operations Lead.
- Serve as both an internal and customer-facing expert on payment optimization strategies
- Create optimization strategies supported by analysis
- Build a robust monitoring program designed to detect transaction health issues across our user base and with our top Cash card merchant acceptors and ACH originators
- Lead data-driven discussions with internal partners, existing merchants & payment partners to drive key optimization strategies related to acceptance, fraud, and cross-border flows.
- Develop and deploy sophisticated optimization playbooks across Cash App’s merchant portfolio
- Lead discussions with our largest existing merchants, and provide the Business Development & Partnerships team with leads
- Partner with Engineering to analyze authorization and settlement data in order to optimize message handling
- Partner with Cash App’s largest ecomm & retail merchant acceptors to build strategies for acceptance optimization and troubleshoot acceptance issues
- 8+ years of payments, operations, and partner management experience in a technology or financial services company
- Extensive experience leading acceptance optimization initiatives at large ecomm or retail merchants, issuer or merchant processors, or PSPs
- Strong understanding of end-to-end payments ecosystem, including debit, prepaid, credit, and ACH
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Experience working cross-functionally with Product, Compliance, Legal, Risk, and Engineering to identify, evaluate, and size opportunities in order to effectively prioritize work
- Ability to apply deep knowledge of auth optimization strategies to solving issues impacting our customers, and uncover opportunities to drive additional GPV to our business
- Experience supporting development of reporting, tools and other processes to improve operational efficiency
- Experience presenting to senior business leaders
- Strong data processing and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.