- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Our bitcoin mining team is looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer who has experience in schematic design of complex electronic systems. The Electrical Engineer will work on the design of our bitcoin mining systems. You will also work with the PCB design engineer on the physical design of the systems to ensure the design is manufacturable. In addition to electrical design of the bitcoin mining systems, you will also work with the ASIC design team to establish the prototyping systems required for verification of custom ASICs. Experience in high density interconnect PCB design will be an asset. Working knowledge of efficient power delivery network designs and thermal designs will be an asset. Experience in bitcoin mining designs will be a definite plus.
- Experience with system definition and prototyping
- Experience doing schematic design
- Experience collaborating with PCB Layout Engineer for physical design
- Experience with electrical testing and characterization of the designs
- Experience with board stackup selection for high current, high temperature and high speed designs
- 10+ years of experience in PCB design
- Schematic design of complex systems
- Working knowledge of Power Delivery Networks (PDN)
- Thermal designs for systems with high heat dissipation requirements
- Familiarity with High Density Interconnect (HCI) PCB designs
- Hands-on experience with electronic instrumentation (e.g. oscilloscope, logic analyzers, PCB rework)
You May Also Have (not required)
- Experience with bitcoin mining designs
- Familiarity with Altium Designer
- Familiarity with EMI and thermal analysis tools (e.g. CTS, ANSYS)
- Familiarity with Intel (formerly Altera) FPGA designs
- Working knowledge of Verilog
- Work well with teams in diverse locations
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.