Product Manager, Verse
- Barcelona, Spain
Verse is a financial brand within the ecosystem of Square, located in Barcelona. Our goal is to become the bank of the new generation, while taking the friction out of spending and sharing money through peer-to-peer transactions. Our digital wallet allows you to share payments instantly, safely, and free of charge in select European countries.
We are collaborating closely with the Cash App organization to build a product that refines the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible. This partnership will enhance support and continued investment in our company’s growth across the European Union.
We want to hire the best talent to join our team in Spain. Interested in learning more?
We are looking for a Product Manager who will push boundaries, influence strategy, and make a strong impact on product execution and quality.
We’re intended on raising the bar with smart, scalable solutions that lock-in on user needs and tightly align with company priorities. We also want teammates that are passionate about technology, community, and finding better ways to bring people together.
As a qualified candidate, you have both an incredible eye for detail and an ability to think big, break new ground, and innovate. You have experience leading the product development for mobile (native apps and mobile web) and you have the technical skills to understand and prioritise development tasks.
You’re also an excellent communicator and a flexible team player that can thrive in a very fast-paced, dynamic working environment. You are comfortable working closely with passionate designers and engineers who care deeply about creating beautiful, high-impact experiences.
What you will be doing:
- Help define the short and long-term roadmap for Verse product
- Define product requirements, starting with the user journey and reaching all the necessary edge cases
- Work with the development team as part of a Scrum squad to divide features in tasks, estimate them and prioritise to optimise the workflow
- Manage the speed of the development team, refine the tasks and manage the success of the sprints
- 3+ years of product management in a Scrum squad
- Passion for Verse and what we are trying to achieve in the payments industry
- Strong communication skills and intuition for communication strategy at every level -- within teams, within the company, to users, to press, and other audiences
- Fluent level of Spanish and English
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks like Scrum or Kanban
- Detail oriented with superior organizational skills -- balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to you
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way. Be able to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Ability to conceptualize, manage and prioritize multiple projects for stakeholders
- Excellent judgment and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem
- Experience leading post-launch optimizations including developing testing strategies.
- An academic background in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
NOTE: Block is an International company with English as the primary language. Please submit your full application and CV in English
Verse treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, political ideas, ethnicity, origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, social status, union states, kinship status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines and applicable regulations.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. We will treat your request and information as confidentially as possible in accordance with our privacy policies and applicable requirements. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.