Senior Software Engineer
- Seattle, WA
This role is part of a bigger Contact Center Engineering Organization, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining Contact Center Applications including full stack web applications that control square customers' helpline journeys end to end.
Our contact center supports a global presence, ensuring local 24x7 voice support across time zones. The reliability and quality of services are driven by the scalability and efficiency of our platforms and partners. This relies on the interaction of multiple Square systems in a constant feedback loop where the voice platform provides real-time data to the business that can be consumed in future interactions. On this team, you will work on state-of-the-art technologies to ensure both internal and external customers have the best possible experience with Square.
- Write full stack, custom apps and services that enable Customer Success (CS) Advocates to support and educate Square merchants through various channels.
- Integrate with data science models to optimize how support inquiries are handled.
- Improve CS Advocate workflows through data-driven optimization and automation.
- Put smiles on CS Advocates and merchants faces, while driving significant cost savings.
- Combine your technical knowledge with hands on experience to help CS innovate through new products and tools.
- You will also be responsible for the all contact center voice engineering portfolio that includes CCaaS platforms , IVR Applications, Speech Recognition Systems and a wide array of AWS Services : Lambda, Transcribe, Comprehend, Dynamo, IAM.
- 5+ years experience in building large scale applications using Ruby
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience developing product infrastructure and web services
- Experience developing server-side code
- Experience designing data models
- Experience with unix production systems
Technologies we use and teach:
- Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Sidekiq, Redis, Mysql
- Salesforce Service Cloud, Amazon Connect Streams API, Amazon Connect and AWS Services.
- S2S architecture, REST APIs, protobufs
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.