Operations Program Manager, Customer Success
- Dublin, Ireland
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Global Program Management and Infrastructure team ensures the smooth and efficient running of the Customer Success organisation on a daily basis. With offices in the US, Canada, Japan, Ireland, Australia, Poland, Taiwan, and Guatemala, we improve both quality of output and cost efficiency of the global organisation, while also ensuring timely execution of essential strategic projects for the growing Customer Success team. Reporting to the Head of Program Management & Infrastructure, you will be the first Ireland based Program Manager on this team. This position is based out of our Dublin office, but we offer remote working opportunities within the Republic of Ireland.
- Gather and organise information on CS's largest opportunities for improved efficiency and quality of service in our international markets; develop project plans with clear scope and deliverables across all impacted functional areas. You'll play a large part in helping us further define and build our global strategy.
- Become an expert on our business processes and technology platforms; propose and implement improvements through automation and redesign. You are the point of contact that defines and relays requirements between Customer Success and our technology teams.
- Create technical product requirements, ensuring our systems and technology teams know exactly how to design their solutions to fit the needs of the growing global Customer Success team.You'll make sure that roadmaps, on all sides, are prioritised appropriately, and that all teams are in aligned on product requirements
- Provide seamless change management for initiatives impacting the global team – ensuring no detail is left out and all impacts are accounted for.
- Ensure our organisational key performance indicators (KPIs) are being measured and met through each program you manage.
- Align large cross-team projects by guiding annual and quarterly planning processes.
- Support seamless change management for each infrastructure/system change affecting the global team – ensuring no detail is left out and all impacts are accounted for.
- 4+ years of experience in project/program management role(s) leading complex technical projects and/or system implementations.
- Experience documenting and translating cross-functional business to technical requirements (and vice versa) (i.e. writing Product Requirements Documents) in a consolidated matter – ready for multiple projects execution.
- The ability to understand and deal well with rapid development cycles and to remain flexible in the face of uncertainty.
- A keen eye around prioritisation and continuous optimisation. You can discern the urgency and importance of work. You find creative ways to use the full potential of our existing tools, and advocate for novel solutions.
- Excellent soft skills, catered towards a variety of stakeholder functions. You're able to clearly and concisely communicate an idea and its impact.
- Experience with Salesforce, Amazon Web Services, JIRA, SQL, Asana, and Looker is not necessary, but huge pluses!
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.