Product Marketing Manager, Square Point of Sale - New Segments.
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
- Partner with the product team and in-country Product Marketing Managers to identify, build a business case for, and prioritize new products and features across all Square markets
- Understand customer needs through surveys, interviews, and analysis of product usage data
- Identify and segment target customers, their pain points, and needs through qualitative and quantitative research, and solutions to meet those needs
- Work with customer-facing teams (Sales, Account Management, Support) and conduct customer insights to better understand customer needs and share insights with relevant PMs and PMMs.
- Review competitive offerings and guide ongoing differentiation
- Develop product positioning, key messaging, and pricing & packaging to be used in product development and marketing campaigns targeting new segments
- Lead go-to-market strategies, tactical plans, and post-launch marketing programs with marketing channel managers, support content, account managers, and sales.
- Work with channel partners to conceive of and implement email, paid media, in-product, offline, and experimental campaigns
- 5+ years of professional experience with experience in product marketing, analytics, consulting or a strategy-related role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and strong organizational skills
- Skill at managing details of ever-increasing complexity and scale
- Experience managing projects with several stakeholders
- Comfort leading projects
- Experience in payments or technology is a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.