Instructional Design Manager
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
What does Cash L&D do?
We’re here to help the Cash Customer Operations (CCO) Team learn and grow! The Cash App Learning & Development (L&D) team ensures that the CCO Team is equipped with the knowledge and skills they need in order to be successful in their role, as well as provide opportunities for further career growth and development. Our primary focus areas include new hire training, leadership coaching, systems and product knowledge, learning content development and on the job performance support.
We are looking for a creative, entrepreneurial, tech savvy instructional designer who has experience in both eLearning and instructor led training development and is passionate about our mission of economic empowerment. In this role, you will be focused on creating and/or optimizing effective, clear, and engaging learning experiences that drive high performance across the Cash Customer Operations Team as well as lead a small group of talented Instructional Designers. Development wise, there are a broad range of opportunities including soft skills development, building product and system knowledge, workflow efficiency, and targeting behaviors that will have the greatest impact on performance. It’s demanding but incredibly rewarding!
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with a strong sense of ownership and a "get things done" attitude. You’re an experienced leader, effective at managing multiple projects at once, very detail-oriented and organized, like to be busy and productive, learn quickly, and have a track record of being adaptable in a fluid, high-growth environment.
What you’ll do:
● Provide coaching and leadership to a group of talented Instructional Designers with varying levels of experience.
● Conduct full scale training needs analysis to design learning solutions that will close performance gaps, roll out initiatives, and prepare CCO Leaders and Team Members to succeed.
● Manage the instructional design process end-to-end from project scoping, design methodology, evaluation and measurement through to the development and implementation of the final product.
● Work with SMEs and key stakeholders to understand needs, create design documents and gather insights that will ultimately impact the effectiveness of the learning solution. ● Utilize instructional design methodologies such as ADDIE and/or SAM to design a solution that will achieve defined instructional objectives.
● Develop blended learning experiences consisting of instructor led training, eLearning, and performance support resources.
● Advise on technological learning solutions and methodologies to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of learning programs.
● Provide recommendations and partners as appropriate to accurately measure the impact of learning programs.
● 3+ years of experience leading high performing, high producing teams. ● 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing learning programs in a business setting.
● BA/BS degree in instructional design, education, learning and development or its equivalent.
● Experience designing blended programs including; e-learning development, instructor led training, virtual training and performance support.
● Well versed in eLearning authoring tools (Articulate, Captivate), Adobe Creative Cloud, and LMS platforms.
● Proven success with project execution, establishing priorities and meeting swift deadlines in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
● An eye for visual design and a passion for creating great user experiences. ● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● A willingness to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty to understand the problems that face our customers and our team.
● Experience consulting with senior business leaders/stakeholders.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.