HR Business Partner
- New York, NY
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Our HR Business Partners (HRBP) support specific teams, working with management and employees on people-related issues: talent management, employee relations, coaching, compensation, conflict and performance management, organizational development and more. HRBPs are instrumental in initiating and driving HR programs within specific responsibilities.We're looking for an HRBP to guide people and projects across Square. You will working with business leaders to provide hands-on and strategic input, insight, and advice concerning employee relations, performance management, coaching, compensation, conflict management, organizational development, training and more. You're comfortable speaking up and driving projects forward despite any unexpected roadblocks. You will report to the HRBP lead.
- Partner with mid-level managers and senior leaders to develop effective HR policies to support the strategic growth of the business
- Provide HR expertise in the areas of feedback, performance management, employee relations and development, and organizational development
- Offer experience regarding organizational and people related strategy
- Collaborate with HR team to champion and accelerate a culture of excellence in which people feel engaged and inspired to deliver top business results
- Develop people strategies and design approaches for diagnosing and enhancing organizational effectiveness and employee satisfaction
- Lead core HR processes (eg, performance calibration, compensation cycle, promotions)
- Analyze various types of employee reports (eg, compensation, job levels, and attrition) to guide and provide solutions to client groups
- Partner with HRBP and Learning & Programs colleagues to work on value-added programs in areas of training, development, career mobility and job performance
- Relevant experience building and improving company culture and increasing employee engagement
- Coaching and facilitation skills for colleagues at all levels
- Knowledge of HR programs, including applicable state and federal employment laws and regulations
- [Preferred] Experience strategic partnering with business leaders and increasing responsibilities in a global company
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.