Finance & Strategy Manager - Cloud Infrastructure
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
We are looking for a Finance & Strategy Finance Manager to support the Platform Engineering and Security teams that manage our engineering infrastructure and information security across Block. You will manage the P&L across both teams including cloud and data center growth, headcount, and other expenses. You will develop financial reporting for these teams, help us better understand Block's cloud usage, communicate insights to executive leadership, and influence operational changes to the business. You will partner with an experienced technical team who designs the infrastructure that all of our products rely upon to provide the Block experience to users worldwide.
This position can sit in any US Block office or be full-time remote from any US state with the exception of Alaska.
- Provide Finance and Strategy support to the Platform Engineering and Security teams, analyzing spending trends, providing strategic recommendations and completing team specific projects to improve efficiency across the organization
- Partner with senior leaders to develop and track important performance metrics to better measure results and identify opportunities for cost efficiency and areas of investment
- Oversee the annual planning process and quarterly finance reviews for each team
- Together with primary business leaders, manage the multi-year data center and cloud migration initiative from a finance perspective
- Lead strategic finance transformation projects to improve accuracy and automation of current reporting processes for these teams
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- 5+ years of experience working in Corporate FP&A, Corporate Strategy, Consulting or Operations Finance
- Experience in or understanding of the enterprise technology space including working with AWS / Google Cloud and data center infrastructure
- Experience working with multiple partners including technical management teams
- Excellent proficiency in financial modeling and Excel (can perform complex functions)
- Proficiency in database querying (i.e., SQL coding and analysis)
- Experience with analytics tools (Hyperion/Oracle/SAP) and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.