Software Engineer (Fullstack/Frontend), Web Payment Experience
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Want to learn more? See what we’ve built so far at https://developer.squareup.com/docs/web-payments/overview (and think about all the ways you can help make this experience better).
As a software engineer on the Web Payment Experience team, you will…
- Develop and maintain the APIs for our tokenization platform
- Work with server side engineers to build features end to end
- Mentor other engineers and contribute to the direction of the team
- Build experiences for thousands of developers and millions of Square Merchants
- See the big picture to design robust experiences so the team can be brave and move fast, without showing a negative impact to customers
- Be a student of the web and browsers, keeping up to date with frontend engineering trends and best practices
- 2+ years of industry experience
- A desire to build Square's developer platform, where we succeed when our merchants and developers succeed
- Experience with and an understanding of how to successfully lead complex projects, breaking down the work into components and milestones that can easily be picked up by other engineers
- A deep enjoyment for writing and shipping production software
- The ability to identify ways to quickly prototype complex ideas
- A desire to focus on delighting our customers
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.