iOS Client Tools, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
It all started with an idea at Square in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to our millions of monthly active users. We want to make the world’s relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
As a founding member of the Cash Client Tools team you will be responsible for building and maintaining tools that help every client engineer at Cash App accomplish their jobs in a more efficient manner. We’ve grown our organization significantly and we believe the time is right to revisit core pieces of our internal infrastructure that now support 10x the original number of engineers it was initially designed for. We believe solving these problems will mean embracing open source technologies and are looking for someone that shares our beliefs.
This team is actively being bootstrapped, so comfort with ambiguity and an ability to collect requirements in a self-directed manner will be key to early success. Initial projects for this team will include (but are not limited to):
- Migrating Cash App’s client build pipelines to Bazel
- Identifying build inefficiencies to increase developer velocity
- Identifying and prototyping shared documentation extraction systems to increase documentation visibility
- Build and maintain tools that increase the leverage of every client engineer at Cash App
- Formulate and execute our build tooling strategy for our Android and iOS products
- Solicit input from our client engineering organization to solve problems holistically across our ecosystem
- Have a meaningful impact on the speed at which our engineering organization delivers to our customers
- Maintain, monitor, and remediate issues within (and surrounding) the build systems that you have created
- Embrace and contribute to open source software where needed
- Experience creating readable, well-crafted, and maintainable code
- Exceptional communication skills in written and oral form (describing ideas, discussing approaches, presentations, status updates)
- Ability to work with remote teams and operate autonomously in a different timezone
- A commitment to continuous improvement (yourself, your teammates, your software)
- A history of dealing with build systems and large codebases
- A desire to shape the solution to broad problems within the mobile build infrastructure space
Technologies we use and teach:
- Cocoapods, Bazel, Gradle, Jenkins
- Protocol Buffers
- Swift, Kotlin (including multiplatform), Ruby
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.