Senior Software Engineer (Fullstack/Backend), Point of Sale Server
- Atlanta, GA
- Employees can work remotely
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Square Point of Sale mobile applications are the main entry point through which merchants work with Square. You'll report to the engineering lead and joining the Point of Sale Server team - that supports the development of features within those mobile applications that our merchants know and love.
To learn more about Point of Sale:
- Work with your fellow engineers to ensure that Square is delivering remarkable experiences to end-users;
- Develop engineering designs and implementations of impactul end-user product features;
- Maintain existing services and help them scale and improve to meet the needs of merchants;
- Help the team refine existing and establish new engineering patterns and processes to guarantee a thoughtful development cycle.
- Excellent software engineering knowledge and a product mindset;
- 6+ years professional experience working on web application backend systems in Java, Go, or Ruby;
- Experience modeling data and working with relational databases;
- Experience with or interest in learning about AWS or other cloud computing platforms;
- Experience mentoring other engineers on the team.
- Desire to provide a great product;
- A sense of customer empathy and an interest in the product direction.
Technologies we use:
- Java / Guice / MySQL / Protocol Buffers / gRPC / JUnit
- AWS - Terraform, S3, SNS, SQS, IAM
- CDN - Fastly, CloudFront
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.