Marketing Copywriter, Square for Restaurants
- Atlanta, GA
- Employees can work remotely
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square is looking for a strategic Copywriter to join our Square for Restaurants team. As part of your professional writing experience, you have developed an understanding of core writing and content design principles including things like messaging hierarchy, information architecture, content-first design, voice and tone and writing for conversions.
This is a hands-on writing role that sits within our creative marketing team. You'll work on a variety of projects, including digital ads, social media, performance marketing, product tutorials, landing pages, email, and integrated campaigns. You are as enthusiastic about writing headlines and email subject lines as you are about developing and selling big ideas. You sweat the smallest details, understand what it takes to develop great creative work, and succeed working in collaborative, cross-discipline teams.
Our writers are advocates for brand consistency. We aren't afraid to weave storytelling techniques into product marketing and always ensure that business and technical jargon fall away so that a clearer, more inspiring vision emerges for the audience. You will report into the Copywriter Lead, Restaurants.
- Contribute to the ideation and creative strategy process, everything from research and planning to wireframing, writing, editing and optimizing.
- Write web pages, guides, presentations, sales and events materials, email campaigns, search ads, overview videos, tutorial videos, in addition to integrated launch campaigns.
- Help evolve the brand voice and tone to resonate with our audience.
- Distill business and technical subject matter into simple, straightforward language that anyone can understand.
- Write to cut through the noise; grab prospects' attention and build on it.
- Use customer interviews and data insights to strengthen creative concepts.
- Work with group of designers, design technologists, art directors and product marketing managers, among others.
- Collaborate across the Square organization to guarantee an integrated customer experience.
- 4-6 years experience in a creative copywriting role at an agency or in-house brand; equivalent writing experience in journalism also considered
- The ability to explain complicated products and processes in simple, human ways to both businesses and consumers
- An interest in working with data to make smart, hardworking creative deliverables
- Creative flexibility—you can flex your writing and adjust your language and tone based on your audience or platform
- The ability to push a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas
***For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio***
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.