- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
As our SEO Specialist, you will guide the growth and implementation of our US market by leading an SEO-focused content strategy, identifying opportunities for organic growth, and implementing technical programs and requirements. As someone who loves project management and data analytics, you have a passion for growing the organic search channel and educating other teams about SEO best practices.
- Work with the SEO and Content team to identify new opportunities to grow the organic search channel in the US
- Analyze data in partnership with global teams to understand market trends and how they fit into the broader roadmap
- Build a longer-term strategic roadmap for Square US to help achieve product growth
- Track impact of SEO and content projects to ensure SEO milestones and goals are met and provide recurring progress reports to Marketing and Product Marketing teams
- Use data to educate teams at Square on SEO and provide support when they run paid/awareness campaigns
- Partner with colleagues in multiple regions to develop agreement and prioritization for global SEO projects
- Work with our technical operations manager to fix technical issues such as internal redirects, 404 errors, and internal linking enhancements
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to implement best practice SEO processes throughout Square globally
- 3+ years experience developing SEO programs and improving Organic Search performance on global websites
- Experience working with content teams and ensuring long-form/informational content is SEO friendly
- Knowledge of SEO best practices, search engine algorithms, and ranking strategies
- Data analytics experience in Excel / Google Sheets (can perform complex functions such as vlookups, sumifs, sumproduct)
- Experience working with multiple SEO suites/tools such as Searchmetrics, seoClarity, DeepCrawl, Majestic, Screaming Frog, ahrefs
- Familiarity with SEO analytics tools such as Google/Bing Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics, Looker
- Experience with semantic content optimization practices a bonus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.