Finance and Strategy Senior Analyst - International
- Toronto, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We are looking for a Senior Finance & Strategy Analyst to join our International Finance & Strategy Team in Toronto, Canada. You will play an important part in Square's success by working directly with Square's product, business, and finance leaders, driving financial planning and business forecasting, and developing strategic analysis around important programs. In this role you will report to our Senior Finance & Strategy Manager based in Dublin, Ireland.
- Be the primary Finance Business Partner (FBP) with important teams within our Square organization and collaborate across all levels and departments in the organization
- Support strategic decisions, including projects on pricing design and analysis, customer behavior analysis and economics, LTV / ROI of marketing efforts, market/competitive landscape benchmarking, and other data-driven analysis
- Create analyses from our databases to predict short-term and long-term trends
- Evaluate our performance; analyze the performance; identify any risks or opportunities associated with reported financial data
- Partner with departments (e.g. Accounting, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, Sales and Marketing, and others) to report on the financial impact of decisions across the company
- Prepare analysis and support communication to product leaders, board members and executive staff
- Support the financial planning process for important teams; including building/maintaining operating and financial models, managing investment budgets for teams to ensure they have resource allocations to invest properly behind important projects
- Support top-line revenue forecasting for our European markets and other international markets
- Work with the International Accounting team on transactional and financial close matters to ensure accuracy over financial statement reporting
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Proficiency in financial modeling and Excel (there will be a case study)
- Commitment to Square's purpose of Economic Empowerment
- Experience with payments industry
- Experience with SQL and data visualization tools (Looker)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.