Product Marketing Manager, Invoices
- San Francisco, CA
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We are looking for a creative, data-driven marketer to join Square as the Product Marketing Manager for the Square Invoices product, focused on workflow management and product expansion workstreams. Square Invoices is a fast-growing ($100M+ in gross profit in 2020), freemium, and global product (present in US, CA, UK, AU, JP, IE) that helps merchants around the world save time and get paid faster by collecting payments remotely from their buyers. Our customers love our product because it's well designed, easy to use, and integrated with the rest of their business operations. We are a full stack team, spanning across product, design, product marketing, engineering, operations and growth.
In 2021, we launched Square Invoices Plus, a paid tier of our product designed to help businesses save more time by streamlining their work with workflow management and other features. You will report to the Product Marketing Lead of the Square Invoices team.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of product strategy, building brand awareness, growth marketing, and have a track record of cross-functional coordination.
- Lead the positioning and GTM strategy of our Invoices Plus offering and support our product expansion initiatives as well (e.g., new markets, new segments, upsell development, etc).Embody the voice of our customers, and translate their needs into opportunities for product strategy, with a focus on our workflow management and product expansion workstreams
- Identify target customers, their needs, and how products will meet those needs
- Understand customer needs through surveys, interviews, and analysis of product usage data
- Be a conduit for the voice of the customer to the product team
- Develop marketing strategies to accelerate growth of invoices products among target audiences
- Lead go-to-market strategies, essential messaging development and tactical plans, ensuring that all customer-facing teams are on-message and maximizing each channel
- Develop marketing strategies to accelerate growth of invoices products among target audience
- Drive post-launch marketing programs to increase product growth
- Review competitive offerings and promote ongoing differentiation
- 5+ years working in product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing, or similar go-to-market experience
- Previous background in B2C or B2B marketing with experience in either consumer apps / technologies, early stage startups, or with exposure to small business audiences
- Knowledge of SaaS-based and freemium business models along with email and paid marketing for both acquisition and lifecycle marketing
- Comfort in a face-paced, startup environment
- Genuine interest in and curiosity in helping small businesses succeed
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.