Head of Financial Crimes, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
Our mission is to help build compliant and empowering products, assess and manage regulatory risk, and drive the evolution of compliance practices. We are looking for a Head of Global Financial Crimes for Cash App to join Square and continue to build, enhance, and grow our program and global team, reporting directly to the Chief Compliance Officer for Cash App.
In this executive leadership role, you will be responsible for driving the overall financial crimes program, which includes designing, implementing and executing on an outstanding program to help grow the Cash App business while protecting the broader financial ecosystem and the company. Owning the Financial Crimes program and operations, you will oversee the detection, monitoring, and reporting for all financial crimes operations and also manage a strategic projects, program management, and emerging risks team for your group. You will demonstrate excellent regulatory understanding, a comprehensive grasp of the industry, keen eye process and systems design, data-driven approaches, and executive communication and presentation.
- Drive the overall strategy for a global financial crimes team operating across dispersed US and International locations, and supporting all Cash App products and services
- In concert with the rest of Cash App Compliance executive leadership you will help develop and manage our strategy, budget, resourcing, and prioritization for your org and the broader team
- Lead a group of senior managers responsible for supervising operations teams across transaction monitoring, investigations and program management
- Provide oversight and management of outsourced operations within your function
- Lead the design of the transaction monitoring, investigation and suspicious activity reporting systems and framework making sure we maintain the highest standards for regulatory requirements while maintaining efficiency
- Analyze trends and patterns in alerts, dispositions, together with other Compliance functions, including Analytics, Machine Learning teams, and your Program Management team, to develop risk mitigation and detection
- Work with our technical teams to understand and design analytical methodologies and potential monitoring scenarios for risk mitigation
- Develop and maintain the team’s policies, procedures and processes to ensure compliance with applicable internal, legal and regulatory standards
- Work with leadership to challenge status quo to improve and grow the business
- Manage SLAs and deadlines to develop and meet KPIs, KRIs, goals and internal benchmarks using metrics and data to underlie assessments and decision-making
- Minimum 10 years of experience in AML and financial crimes roles
- Minimum 5 years in people management
- Experience with blockchain and/or virtual currency, latest financial technology, and traditional financial services environments
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.