UX Research Lead
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
At Cash App, UX Researchers work closely with cross-functional partners to build world-class, end-to-end features that solve many of the world’s most important and interesting financial problems for millions of customers. We employ a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods to accomplish our goals, including surveys, focus groups, field studies, usability tests, and 1:1 interviews. The UX Research team is at the frontier of shaping new and innovative solutions across categories like personal finance, commerce, crypto, community and culture.
We are seeking an experienced leader to oversee and scale our UX Research team and help Cash App redefine the world’s relationship with money. The UX Research Manager will play a critical role within a growing Customer Insights organization to deepen customer empathy, shape and influence roadmaps and scale and invest in the growth of our team.
This role reports to the Head of Customer Insights.
- Manage a team of UX researchers with varied experience, skillsets and specialties
- Shape team strategy, identifying risks and prioritizing opportunities
- Identify gaps and solutions for future growth and scale within the team or organization, including system, product, function, partnership, culture and/or organization opportunities
- Responsible for the quality of the team, including coaching, growing and coaching team members
- Build a diverse and an inclusive environment across the team, model inclusive behaviors, and hold managers accountable
- Give clear, actionable feedback on a timely basis
- Partner with the recruiting organization to help deliver top talent
- Have a point of view about strategic decisions, using insights from the team. Understand how to influence stakeholders and leaders to implement the best ideas
- 12+ years of experience in a professional environment
- Experience working in highly collaborative multidisciplinary teams across time zones
- Has led teams made up of researchers covering a breadth methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, usability, secondary research, etc.) including leads
- Experience directly conducting primary research (either qualitative or quantitative) end-to-end (i.e., designing, fielding, analyzing and reporting out data)
- Experience building teams over time through hiring, growing, and retaining high-performing researchers
- Experience building and setting research strategy that connects with business strategy
- Experience working with a variety of cross functional peers and stakeholders (e.g., product managers, data scientists, designers, engineers, policy, communications, marketing)
- Track record of translating research into business impact
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.