Senior Product Marketing Manager, Commerce Platform (Orders)
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Orders team oversees the platform that powers all sales and order management (including reporting and analytics) at Square. The team is also responsible for the order management and checkout experiences on Square's point of sale solutions. As a Product Marketing Manager on the Orders team, you will be responsible for driving our growth by informing product strategy, defining marketing and full-funnel growth strategies for our solutions, defining our external content strategy, and collaborating with multiple internal teams to ensure the right customers are getting the right messages through the right channels at the right time. You will work with product managers, designers, engineers, product analysts, and other partners across Square to ensure that our Orders platform powers 1st party and 3rd party commerce solutions that sellers need to start, run and grow their business.
The role of Product Marketing Manager, Orders will be an expert on growth opportunities within new segments and markets. You will work with the product teams to identify expansion opportunities for the Orders & Checkout suite of seller and developer solutions, lead cross-functional teams to accomplish go-to-market activities, and provide feedback on existing solutions in all markets. The Orders PMM will ensure that we are building products/features to help more sellers sell anywhere and anyhow, manage all their sales in one place, and use data/insights to make decisions about their business.
- Understand customer needs by working with customer facing teams, as well as, through surveys, interviews, and analysis of product usage data to improve the Orders & Checkout platform in a way that meets needs across the entire Square ecosystem.
- Partner with the product team and in-country Product Marketing Managers to identify, build a business case for, and prioritize new products and features across all Square markets
- Identify and segment target customers, their pain points, and needs through qualitative and quantitative research, and solutions to meet those needs.
- Review competitive offerings and guide ongoing differentiation
- Develop product positioning, essential messaging, and pricing & packaging to be used in product development and marketing campaigns targeting new segments
- Lead go-to-market strategies, tactical plans, and post-launch marketing programs with marketing channel managers, support content, account managers, and sales.
- Work with channel partners to conceive of and implement email, paid media, in-product, offline, and experimental campaigns
- Report to the Head of Product for Orders
- 8+ years of professional experience with experience in product marketing, analytics, consulting or a strategy-related role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and strong organizational skills
- Experience designing go-to-market strategies for product launches.
- Experience managing and leading projects with several stakeholders
- Experience in e-commerce, or with platform products (Saas, developer kits, APIs, SDKS, etc.) is a plus
- Passion for Square's mission, with new technology and for solving complex problems
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.