Product Marketing Manager, Mexico
- Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We are hiring a Product Marketing Manager (Gerente de Producto) to help launch and accelerate the delivery and growth of our payments and point of sale products in Mexico. You will be the product expert responsible for optimizing the experience for sellers, their employees, and their buyers in this region. Our approach at Square is both customer-focused and data-driven. You will need to dig in to understand our customers and their needs, analyze data, and guide our outstanding team to move fast and ship remarkable solutions.
You will improve our business by contributing to and implementing the localization and go-to-market strategy and for executing new product launches. You will partner with product management, design, research, analytics, and creative. This includes understanding the market and small business landscape, tracking market conditions affecting product acquisition and usage, understanding customer segments and the competitive environment, gathering product and seller insights, and feeding those insights and requirements back into the product roadmap. It will be the product marketer's job to (i) ensure we build the right product to meet the needs of our sellers, (ii) partner with our sales and marketing teams to get the right messaging through the right channels, and (iii) collect and leverage seller feedback, insights and data analysis to improve our offering in-market.
- Identify target customers, their needs, and how products will meet those needs through surveys, interviews, and product usage
- Help our US-based product teams engage with the Latin American market and understand the experiences of the small businesses we serve
- Partner and collaborate with Product Management and Design and communicate recommendations to ensure product strategy and feature roadmaps support local market needs
- Partner with in-house and agency Research teams to gather qualitative and quantitative product feedback, along with relevant market trends/opportunities, and make recommendations back to product team to incorporate into roadmap
- Review competitive offerings and make recommendations for product differentiation
- Develop and recommend strategies related to the following: product positioning, value propositions, and key messaging
- Help lead the implementation of the go-to-market plan, ensuring all customer-facing teams are on-message and maximizing each acquisition channel, tracking program performance and optimizing through continuous testing
- Contribute to and implement the lifecycle marketing strategy for ongoing seller engagement and retention
- Gather and share product feedback from Marketing, Sales, and a broad range of cross-functional teams
- 5+ years professional experience, including business/growth strategy and marketing experience
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Background in B2C and/or B2B marketing
- Previous background in marketing to small business audiences, preferably with experience in payments, fintech, early stage startups, and/or consumer technologies
- Experience partnering with in-house or agency research teams to outline research needs and translate findings into applicable insights
- Experience in growth or acquisition marketing
- Experience in lifecycle marketing by email, in-product, content marketing, and other owned/ earned channels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- You must reside in any location within Mexico. Relocation support available.
- Understanding of the Latin American payments industry a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.