Data Engineer, Go-To-Market Automation
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square’s Go-To-Market Automation team builds intelligent and scalable solutions that empower various GTM channels like Scalable Marketing, Sales and Account Management to drive seller acquisition, growth and retention.
As a member of the Go-To-Market Automation team, you will work primarily with our Sales team, design and implement best-in-class data driven solutions that boost Sales efficiency and intelligence. Your work will have a direct business impact on hundreds of stakeholders and help shape the acquisition strategy at Square.
- Architect, build, and maintain critical data infrastructures to support the Global Sales and partner teams, including compensation, metrics, and ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Build integrations with a wide range of 3rd party data sources to help augment our understanding of prospective sellers
- Partner closely with Data Science, Marketing, GTM Business Technology and other engineering teams to effectively infuse machine learning models, experimentation and data enrichment into the Sales workflow
- Work with Sales Leadership to build a roadmap for state-of-art data solutions that are aligned with long term business strategies
- Identify opportunities to streamline, automate tasks, and build reusable components across multiple use cases and teams
- Create dashboards that help our stakeholders understand the performance of the experiments and help them make decisions
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer of related specialty (e.g., Business Intelligence, Data Science, etc.) with a track record of delivering large data solutions
- Expert knowledge of data warehouse architecture and hands on experience of data modeling design, building complex, scalable ETLs using SQL and Python for a variety of different business and product use cases
- Hands on experience on cloud-based computing services and data warehouses like Snowflake, Redshift, Azure, or similar
- Excellent communication skills with strong business intuition and ability to understand complex business systems; versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job
- Familiarity with predictive modeling and impact measurement a plus
- Experience building reports with Looker or similar BI visualization tools a plus
- Experience with Salesforce data infrastructure a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.