Senior Product Manager, Communications Engineering Platform
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
You will be part of a bigger Contact Center Engineering Organization, and lead the product roadmap for Contact Center Platform, Applications and 3rd Party Tools in scope.
Our contact center supports a global presence, ensuring local 24x7 voice support across time zones. The reliability and quality of services are guided by the scalability and efficiency of our platforms. This relies on the interaction of multiple Square systems in a constant feedback loop where the voice platform provides real-time data to the business that can be consumed in future interactions. On this team, you will work on state-of-the-art technologies to ensure our customers have the best possible experience with Square.
- Be the primary contact for business ( customers ) for Feature enhancements around Contact Center Operation (Inbound / Outbound).
- In collaboration with engineering, business and tech partners lead the end-to-end success of projects from discovery to launch.
- Maintain project / product roadmaps, requirements pipeline, and status reporting.
- Convert large-scale programs and BRD's to projects with clearly defined scope and work with Engineering teams for service delivery.
- Lead Internal Strategic Project Execution with a tactical approach to helping our customers, while reporting into a Senior Engineering Manager.
- 5+ years of consumer-facing product management experience
- Customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs.
- Operate at a strategic level and dive deep into the technical details and complexity with ease.
- Natural curiosity, obsession with the details, and driving outcomes.
- Experience driving complex, cross functional product plans to create impact.
- A hunger to solve complicated and impactful product and business problems.
Nice to haves:
- Contact Center/ Communications Technology Engineering or Software Engineering Background.
- Amazon Connect and AWS knowledge.
- Experience in Fintech - Understanding end customers and their needs.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.