Senior UX Researcher, Seller Experience
- Oakland, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Seller Experience is the team that is considered the glue of our product ecosystem. It is the team that thinks outside of individual products and focuses on the entire experience a seller has when they are evaluating, signing up for, and using Square. Seller Experience owns many of the shared surface areas and platforms that all of Square's products feed into. This includes our public website (squareup.com), sign up flows, the Square Dashboard where merchants manage their business, our help and support channels and our product design systems and best practices.
Square's Seller Experience team is looking for a Senior UX Researcher to help guide and inspire our teams by uncovering meaningful human-centered insights to guide great product design. We know we can't build remarkable products without first understanding how our customers will use them in the real world, and that's where you come in. You will help connect Square with the sellers and buyers we serve—learning from their unique context, stories, and needs to ensure our products are relevant, useful, and delightful.
- Work with team members to identify research needs from small to large programs, and help the team frame research goals and ask the right questions.
- Lead the design and implementation of research projects.
- Employ research methods to obtain insights about our users' behaviors and attitudes, and develop recommendations in collaboration with product and design teams.
- Provide guidance and training on research tools and techniques to facilitate self-serve UX research.
- Advocate the customer perspective across the Sell Experience team and across Square.
- Help our team identify opportunities to better serve our sellers, inspire product strategy, and encourage design iteration.
- 8+ years of experience conducting UX research in a professional environment.
- Experience designing and leading generative and evaluative research using a range of techniques (e.g. remote and in-person interviews, usability testing, concept testing, workshops, journey mapping, surveys)
- Focus on improving the product and user experience in an iterative and collaborative environment.
- Advocate the customer perspective within the Seller Experience team and across Square.
- A willingness to get hands-on and personally recruit participants.
- A collaborative mindset, with experience working across teams and forging partnerships.
- A passion to build user-focused products that solve important problems.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.