Strategy Lead, Credit Risk Data Science
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Afterpay is transforming the way we pay by allowing customers to buy products immediately and pay for their purchases over four installments. The service is completely free⁵ for customers who pay on time - helping people spend responsibly. As of December 31, 2021, Afterpay is offered by more than 122,000 of the world’s favorite retailers and more than 19 million active customers have adopted the service.
Afterpay is currently available in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom, France, Italy and Spain, where it is known as Clearpay. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins. Afterpay is a wholly owned subsidiary of Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ)g.
Afterpays Strategy Lead, Credit Risk Data Science is responsible for…
- Leverage quantitative analysis and machine learning to optimize Afterpay’s credit risk strategies
- Improve Afterpay’s BNPL credit portfolio by evaluating both merchant’s and consumers’ creditworthiness on Afterpay platform; use quantitative models and analysis to dynamically assign credit limits that minimize default risk and maximize growth
- Closely monitor loss KPIs, analyze loss trends and propose strategy enhancements to optimize approval and loss performance through comprehensive data analysis
- Manage ongoing merchant loss performance and tailor merchant-level credit strategies based on approval/loss tracking and feedback from merchant partners
- Imagine new feature ideas and help design data pipelines to incorporate the features into Afterpay’s models through working closely with the feature science teams
- Collaborate with, drive alignment on key areas with a broad range of stakeholders such as Product, Engineers, Data Scientist, Operations to achieve shared objectives, provide strategic insight and solutions.
- Support and automate reports and operation processes (Performance Monitoring, Customer Service, etc.)
- Quantitative background in statistics, math, business, or related disciplines. Hands-on credit strategy experience in payments, lending, banking, financial institutions etc. a plus
- 5+ year of experience in analyzing data and using database query language (e.g. SQL, etc) and data processing and analysis tools such as R/SAS etc.. Experience with Python highly preferred
- 2+ years of experience in using or developing machine learning models with large datasets
- Work experience with data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, or Power BI.
- Strong organizational/project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Risk domain expert with strong capability to make professional judgment and sound decision on new business cases/challenges under ambiguity and with minimal guidance
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills, combined with superb communication skills
- Self-driven with the ability to work in a self-guided manner.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.