Service Excellence Team Leader
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
Founded seven years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including Anthropologie, Revolve, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
The Service Excellence Team Leader is an exciting and fast paced role, in a growing fintech company. The successful candidate will ensure strong service delivery across both our digital and voice channels by monitoring and evaluating the performance of others.
The Service Excellence Team Leader will know how to get the best results to reduce variance, ensure compliance to regulation and adherence to internal processes. You will be responsible for the continued development of The Afterpay Way to ensure the same great service across the globe regardless of time of day / country /reason for contact.
With a keen eye for detail you will be a savvy quality assessor, able to make the right judgement to drive continual improvement. You will work closely with the Service Excellence Manager to improve the way we operate – ensuring process efficiency and consistency across all team members and across countries where Afterpay is present.
A strong understanding of quality levers, the ability to dissect performance trends and transfer insights into actionable execution plans.
- Manage team of direct reports and in-direct reports within BPO environment
- Build, implement and manage calibration sessions to ensure we have the same understanding of what great looks like across the globe
- With wide experience of delivering results, your team leadership capability will drive positive outcomes for all key stakeholders, internal and external
- Prepare monthly reports accurately reflecting performance of Operations in relation to service experience
- Monitor, evaluate and assess current capabilities and build robust gap analysis.
- Make firm recommendations in terms of plugging any gaps identified, feed into knowledge management and training development teams.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to build relationships, manage expectations, influence, and gain commitment from a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Successful track record of Quality Assessment Leadership with at least 3 years’ experience.
- Experience in Operations within retail and/or the banking/finance industry is preferred.
- Possess strong presentation, communication, ability to demonstrate sound reasoning and judgement. Ultimately is team oriented.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent decision-making.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work under time constraints to meet project deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills, both written
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills at all levels of the organization
- Mature and people-oriented approach
- Energetic, positive, transparent and engaging with a natural skill for developing relationships both internally and externally
- A sharp, rigorous thinker who can operate successfully among very bright, progressive and charismatic people.
- Proactive and influential; someone who instinctively knows what needs to be done and rallies colleagues to get things accomplished.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.