Creative Director, eCommerce
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square is looking for a Creative Director to join and lead our Ecommerce Creative Team and report directly to our Head of Design. As a creative director, you'll develop creative strategies, concept-guided campaigns, visual treatments, and be an expert at expressing the Square brand. You will work with your team to create inspiring solutions that tell Square's story and educate merchants about how they can run and grow their business with Square. You'll guide designers to create compelling work and help direct our teams and external partners on productions. You will lead projects for a variety of marketing programs from start to finish with people across the organization.
Creative Directors are an essential part of a team of program managers, cross-discipline art directors, designers, copywriters, and design technologists that work together to create marketing campaign work. This is a hands-on role that works with cross-functional partners to express our Brand through experiential, digital, video, photo, and editorial creative. You will work with Creative Leadership, partners in Strategy, Product Marketing, Brand Marketing, Video, Photo, Production Design, and Product and external agency teams.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio and any relevant passwords***
Partner with copywriters, designers, and cross-team to translate content and marketing strategies into creative concepts.
- Create campaign concepts that stretch across media and channels including broadcast, print, web, social, and retail / experiential
- Iterate and communicate ideas across multiple levels of fidelity (mood boards, concept statements, design explorations, art direction boards, style frames, presentations)
- Incorporate and translate feedback from Creative Leaders and teammates into clear and inspiring guidance to develop the best work
- Create outstanding photography, videography direction, typography, branding application direction, and design direction
- Provide inspiration, mentorship and direction to diverse creatives
- Cultivate trust and partnerships
- Work with creative producers and program managers to develop project plans and ensure that projects are progressing and creative is delivered.
- 8+ years of industry experience; agency, design studio, production house, or relevant in-house marketing experience)
- Experience defining, building, and differentiating brands
- Follow and build upon campaign identities
- Understanding of industry trends and today's creative landscape—how users engage with content, and trends within the marketing
- A positive, high-transparency, and collaborative approach to your work
- Experience managing or providing mentorship to junior creatives while still advancing individual assignments and goals
- Expertise in typography, composition, color, layout, design thinking, and content strategy in the design solutions you create
- Familiar with designing for digital and print projects
- Experience working in Adobe Creative Suite with expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Figma
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.